Sunday, March 29, 2009

I've been published... sort of

As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently was accepted to become a writer for BoxOfficeProphets.com, a site devoted primarily to film. One of the three assignments I'll be working on for them moving forward is a monthly article called the "Uncanny Update", where I discuss/rant about the latest super-hero and fanboy film adaptions on the upcoming release schedule. Unfortunately, I submitted what I was hoping to be a first draft to what I assumed was a bi-weekly article, so my first piece posted to the site is actually one I'm not too thrilled about. I was expecting more discussion with an editor, but instead found out it was live before I even knew the webmaster found it worthy. In any case, moving forward, I will be using the first three Tuesdays of the month to do a weekly article called "Take Five", where I pick 5 random films I've enjoyed to recommend and chat about; the last Tuesday of the month, I will be doing the "Uncanny Update"; and once every two months, I will do an article called "Shaking Our Fists at the Sun", which will be a bi-weekly piece about pop-culture events and is shared among four writers who rotate over those two months.

In any case, while I ask that you don't weigh your opinion of me as a writer for the entertainment industry entirely on this first rough draft of the "Uncanny Update", I figured I would share it with you all anyway. Enjoy, and stay tuned for my next article!

The Uncanny Update

No comments:

Post a Comment