Monday, February 9, 2009

For starters...

I'm aware I've not gotten off to the greatest start this semester. A lot has been distracting me (not just senior-itis) and blogging has often fallen victim to the back burner as a result. I apologize for that and hope this first entry of mine can pave the way for all those that are to come. I'll keep this brief, so as not to waste too much time when I could be posting about more class-relevant items, but there is something I would like to address. Last Thursday, I sort of had a breakdown during class. Not "sort of", so much as "a blatantly uncontrollable" breakdown. I have known for some time that my best friend is sick, but found out shortly before class that the diagnosis is two kinds of cancer. The odds clearly aren't good and for 3o seconds in class I was finally able to begin processing it. I'm not really taking the news well. In fact, it kills me someone so wonderful is being dealt such an unfortunate set of cards. I have since had more time to deal with it and wanted to appologize for not being more, for lack of a better word, "professional" during class. I meant to take the day off, but was convinced going to class was for the best. I'm sorry for distracting everyone and causing a scene. I know the issue was dropped shortly after my departure, but I didn't want there to be an awkward air around me in the class like I'm some ticking emotional time-bomb. It's extremely rare that I cry at all, so in a way you were all lucky to see a hidden human side to me. In any regard, thank you for understanding and not making me feel like an idiot today in class. I'll be more composed from here forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment